A Review of the Mechanism of Injury and Treatment Approaches for Illness Resulting from Exposure to Water-Damaged Buildings, Mold, and Mycotoxins
This 2013 study is one of the best and most easy to read studies that I have ever read on the dangers of water damaged buildings and subsequent toxic mold exposure. It was written by Dr. Janette Hope of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine, USA. She is one of the few doctors and genuine experts who speaks the truth about the dangers of toxic mold. Dr. Hope was the president of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine from 2013-14.
Physicians are increasingly being asked to diagnose and treat people made ill by exposure to water-damaged environments, mold, and mycotoxins. In addition to avoidance of further exposure to these environments and to items contaminated by these environments, a number of approaches have been used to help persons affected by exposure to restore their health. Illness results from a combination of factors present in water-damaged indoor environments including, mold spores and hyphal fragments, mycotoxins, bacteria, bacterial endotoxins, and cell wall components as well as other factors.