The homeowners of the property below called me out after their family was experiencing severe allergy and asthma symptoms. All three of the children who lived here had suffered from asthma and flu like symptoms since they moved in the property two years ago.
I inspected the interior of the property and I found no active mold growing inside the home. The door to the water heater and that HVAC unit for the home is was locked.
When I opened the doors, I discovered why the whole family was sick. Here are some pictures of the mold I found.
Samples proved that it was aspergillus.
Not only will they have to have this closet enclosure remediated and the HVAC system replaced, they will also have to clean out the ducting and the whole house will have to be remediated.
Toxic molds can cause disease and death in all living organisms such as plants, trees, insects, humans, and even domesticated animals like your cat and or dog.
Animals often suffer from the same symptoms as humans do when they are exposed to toxic mold. Symptoms such as allergic reactions like a constant runny nose, watery eyes, congestion, sinus infections, asthma, open sores that won’t heal and itching and scratching when no fleas are present. They can also have other serious health symptoms such as inflammation, joint pain, chronic fatigue, depression, fungal skin diseases such as ringworm and many other life-threatening diseases. (more…)
“Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away.” – Elvis Presely
Here is an info graph courtesy of the United States Government’s Global Hunger and Food Security Initiative. The information is in regards to a potent toxin knows as aflatoxin which is a secondary metabolite produced by the mold known as aspergillus. A mold that if often airborne outdoors, indoors and in approximately 25% of our food.
The U.S. government clearly identifies this toxin produced aspergillus as a Class 1 carcinogen. What this means is that aflatoxin causes cancer without a doubt. The info graph also states that it causes immunosuppression, stunting, mental impairment. (more…)
Minneapolis – A new rapid yeast and mold test method for dairy applications, such as yogurt, soft cheese and cream, can dramatically improve speed-to-market and reduce economic impact from spoiled product.
GreenLight® detection platform from MOCON, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOCO) reduces testing times by up to 80 percent, enabling dairies to release product in approximately 18 hours with confidence that it does not contain yeast/mold spoilage organisms. (more…)
PetSmart announced this week that Blue Buffalo has issued a voluntary product recall for specific lot codes of the below item as a precautionary measure due to due to high moisture levels resulting in potential mold growth in the identified product.
WCYB is reporting that black mold was found in the Bristol Tennessee Fire Station.
Fire department officials said water seeped into the living quarters and caused black mold to grow. (more…)